Last week was a rough showing for the Fab 5 as all of the members hit a trail stop and the positions were closed at some point during the week. Two of the members – $DEO & $ORLY – had already completed the $100 Roll process however bringing the total since inception to 14 stocks.
Summary of the action:
- $DEO was closed on 5/15/2012 and the May 100 Puts were sold on 5/18/2012. The May 105 Calls expired worthless.
- $ORLY was closed on 5/17/2012. The May 100 Puts were sold on 5/17/2012 as well. The May 105 Calls expired worthless.
- $SXCI had not completed the $100 Roll. It hit a trail stop on 5/22/2012. There was no collar on this position.
- $DLTR hit a trail stop on 5/14/2012. Sold the May 100 Put for 2.60 on 5/15/2012 and let the May 105 Call expire.
- $AGN hit a trail stop on 5/17/2012 as price fell through the 100 day moving average. The profits from the Collar unwind on 5/2/2012 makes the trade positive overall.
Also noted on twitter during this past weekend that there were no viable candidates from the stock scan efforts. As of today, this still remains the case so being patient here in building a new Fab 5 list.