Each month there is a week where I will have a lot of extra activity in my Options trading efforts due to monthly expiration. That week is upon on us once again so I have worked through my normal process of preparing for the exit or adjustment of existing Options positions in my personal accounts.
Here is the plan for this week:
- $AEGR I am Long stock with a June 80/70 Collar. Given that the Put is ITM (in the money) I will decide later this week if I want to exit the trade entirely – or move protection to July.
- $GME I made an adjustment this past week to take some profits out of this trade by moving up the Long Call strike from 32 to 36. I now own a June 36/38 Call Spread so I need to exit that position by Friday. This is a half position.
- $IYR I am Short the June 67/66 Put Spread & 69 Call (part of Call Calendar). I am also Long the July 69 Call (other part of CC). The ideal situation is for the June pieces to all expire leaving me just the Long July piece. I did a post here about this trade. This trade has a larger position size than normal (1.5x)
- $JCP I exited the Short 16 Put piece this past week. This leaves the Short 17 Call piece to deal with (currently ITM). I wrote a post here about this trade
- $LGF I am Long stock with the June 29/27/25 Collar. This means I am Short the 29 Call & Long the 27/25 Put Spread. None of the pieces are ITM but that is always a possibility. I will likely adjust to July
- $LYV I am Long stock and Short the June 14 Call (was a buy-write trade). This trade is currently capped as price is above $15
- $OSTK I am Long stock with the June 25 Collar. This trade is currently capped as price is above $25
- $SDS I am Long the June 41 Call (a hedge, left over price from Call Calendar)
- $WLT I am Long the June 12.5/11.5 Put Spread (the short weekly Put was assigned, stock piece called this weekend)
- $AIG I am Long stock and Short the June 46 Call (covered call). Right now it looks to expire, but anything can happen
- $EWW I am Short the June 65/72 Strangle. I am looking for a 65 Pin, but will use the $3.24 cushion to buy back the Put if need be
- $DVA I am Long stock with the June 130/125 Collar. Right now this looks to expire but the plan is to move to July
- $COO I am Long the June 105 Put. This is currently OTM
- $LULU I am Long the June 70/72.5 Call Spread. Not optimistic that this creates any more value, but I will consider selling the 70 Call at least for what I can get
- $ULTA I am Long stock with the Short June 90 Call (well ITM so will get called away). I am also Short the July /June 100 Call Calendar – the June piece looks to expire worthless. If so, will remain Short the July 100 Call.
ITM = in the money
CC = Call Calendar